Now based back in hometown Whangarei, Ken has over 25 years hands-on Operations and General Management experience throughout New Zealand, and across a broad range of business sectors:
- NZ Dairy Industry
- Pulp and Paper
- Manufacturing and Contract Packing
- Economic Development
Ken's particular strengths include:
- Effective change management for companies
- Team Performance and Culture
- Good Governance
- Recruitment (of General Managers, Operations Managers, Administration Managers, Trades staff)
- Creation and implementation of practical business plans and strategies
- Project management via direct involvement in three Greenfield site developments
- Positive leadership - from the front
Formal qualifications include a Diploma in Management, Diploma in Dairy Technology (Distinction), Post graduate Honours Degree (Demography) and a B.Soc.Sc.(Double major Geography and Sociology).
Ken is on the Board of the Northland Chamber of Commerce, an associate member of NZIM, a member of the Institute of Directors (IOD), a trustee of the Northland Events Centre (Toll Stadium) and a judge for the Northland Business Excellence Awards. He also sits on a number of Advisory Boards for Northland SME businesses, and has been responsible for the successful recruitment of Operations Managers and General Managers for his Northland clients.
There is nothing Ken enjoys more than getting directly involved alongside passionate and driven business owners and their teams.